EIGHT REASONS FOR MY BEARD, YEA NINE
by David C.
1. I wanted to.
2. My wife's Christmas present to me. She finally gave me permission.
3. This is my Christmas present to my wife.
4. I’m old enough now. Eighty eight years old and if I want to I may!
5. This is my mid-life crisis. I’m a late bloomer.
6. I’m re-inventing myself
(or is that one too politically loaded to use?).
7. For a long time I’ve wondered what I would look like and feel like with a beard. Now I’m finding out.
8. My father and grandfather had beards. My son and grandsons have beards. Why can’t I have a beard?
9. I wanted to.
And if I don’t like it, I’ll shave it off.
I took the photos on a recent visit to my father and step-mother. When I sent the photos by email to my father, I copied my brother and sister. Within minutes, my siblings answered, both expressing astonishment at our father's beard--neither had ever seen him with a beard. So, we have all had a bit of enjoyment out of this late-blooming effect!