Wednesday, September 05, 2007

I went to the Fair. . .

. . .and I bought.

Remember that child's game--it's really a memory game. The leader says "I went to the fair, and I bought -- a lovely sparkling necklace."



Then the next child says, "I went to the fair and I bought -- a cute little garden ornament, and a lovely sparkling necklace."

Then, the next child says "I went to the fair and I bought -- a cherry wooden backscratcher, a cute little garden ornament, and a lovely sparkling necklace."

Our game stops there, unless you want to continue with "And I bought Asian chicken on a stick, and fried rice." And my husband would say "And I bought a pulled pork sandwich and old-fashioned french fries."

Yum, yum.

Too full to play the game anymore; must go home and nap.

(This little post is just to assuage the curiosity of all those who wondered what I bought!)

13 comments:

JeanMac said...

Nice finds - I love the necklace - love blue tones.

Anvilcloud said...

Ye fared fairly well at the fair then.

Ruth said...

Have you played a game like that with 15 plus people? It does test the memory.

Cathy said...

What is the name of that glass? - it just won't come . . . I love it - and that's a very pretty piece. It starts with 'c' . . .

I like all your purchases, but right now that chicken and the rice sounds so good :0)

Mauigirl said...

Fun game, we used to play something similar - "I packed my bag for Paris, and in it I put..." and so on.

RuthieJ said...

The all look like excellent purchases! Good job Donna. Thanks for sharing

KGMom said...

Jean--thanks. I like the way the necklace picks up the shades in the shirt I am wearing.

AC--all those puns! No fair.

Ruth--whew--15 people? No, I haven't but that would tax the brain.

Cathy--are you thinking cloisonne? This necklace is actually some anodized metal.

Mauigirl--there are several variations. I also know "I went to the market" using foods.

RuthieJ--Thanks. Did you have any takers on your newly invented knitted cap?

Denise said...

I love the necklace too! I tend to lean more towards earth tones, but I like the blues in this. Too bad we don’t live closer so I could raid your jewelry box and borrow stuff like any good sister would do………

Beth said...

Thank you!

Jess Riley said...

My husband recently attended the Minnesota State Fair, at which he bought: a funnel cake, a foot-long hot dog, a bucket of chocolate chip cookies, a giant gyro, and lots of beer.

In turn, I bought him a larger life insurance policy. Kidding! But he really did eat all that stuff.

Ginnie said...

A cute blog. I love the food that you can only get at "County Fairs". Maybe it has to do with eating outside too.

Ginnie said...

A cute blog. I love the food that you can only get at "County Fairs". Maybe it has to do with eating outside too.

Mary said...

It does test your memory... Some good buys, Donna! The highlight is always the food - I'd remember those lines, for sure!