Sunday, January 28, 2007

What Book Am I?

Well, this post answers the burning question: what book am I. I followed a link on a blog I found, and, of course, being curious, I took the quiz. . .and have learned that I am ROOTS!

To my family, let me assure you (should any of you take the book quiz) I answered the question about story telling very honestly.





You're Roots!


by Alex Haley

While almost everyone agrees that you're brilliant, no one knows quite how to categorize you. Some say that you're a person with an amazing family tree. Some say that you're just a darn good storyteller. Others say that you're both and don't much care where to draw the line. What is known is that your people have been through a great number of trials and that you are where you are because of hard work. You have nothing to lose but your chains.

Take the Book Quiz
at the
Blue Pyramid.

3 comments:

Climenheise said...

Ack! My quiz results thus: You're The Guns of August! by Barbara Tuchman. Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can diplomats."

Well -- close! But not spot on. More focussed on Europe? Have they never heard of Africa? Or Australia? Or China? My goodness! But certainly I do struggle with the fact of war and desire to expose the false nationalism that often fuels it.

Oh well! I wonder what book I would have turned out as if I hadn't let Lois vet my the answers!

KGMom said...

Well, the good news is (as I discovered by playing with the quiz) that you can go back and answer questions again, why the results being different!
So try again (sans Lois).

Climenheise said...

Well, I see that if I had just answered the last question the same as you, I would have gotten the same result. So far, I have been Lolita, The Mists of Avalon, Return of the King, and Roots as well. That last question -- can a few days be more important than many years? Well yes: but you understand that such only happens because many years created those few days.

Those other books that I could have gotten? I am, it seems, not far from being obsessed with sex. Mmmm.